1. When you plug EzFinger2+ into your computer's USB port, Microsoft will usually automatically update the driver if you are connected to the internet.
2. If the driver is not installed automatically, you can manually check for system updates in your computer's settings:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Windows Update and check if it is up to date.
3. If the driver still isn't installed after completing steps 1 and 2, you can download the EXE file available above and refer to the following instructions. (This will work with Windows 10 and later versions)
4. If you have an existing driver installed, you must delete it before proceeding:
- Search for “Device Manager” in the search bar.
- Locate the Octatco EzFinger Security Key device under the “Biometric Devices” tab, right-click it, and select “Uninstall device”.
5. Run the EXE file previously downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver, and restart your computer.
Once you have installed the EzFinger2+ driver, you can easily register your fingerprint in Windows Hello (from Windows 10) and log in to your laptop without having to enter a password.
1. Search for “Sign-in options” in the search bar.
2. Select “Fingerprint recognition (Windows Hello)” to register EzFinger2+ within Windows Hello.
3. Or select “Security key” to register EzFinger2+ as a FIDO security key.
OCTATCO Co., Ltd.
Address: 718ho, 54, Changeop-ro, Sujeong-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, 13449 Republic of Korea
Sales and partnership : firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical support : email@example.com